March 25, 2014…Showcasing her southwest Iowa roots, the Joni Ernst for U.S. Senate campaign is set to release its first television ad in advance of the June 3rd Republican primary.
Taking aim at big spenders in Washington, like Democrat Bruce Braley, the ad, titled “Squeal”, lets Iowans know that when elected to U.S. Senate, Joni Ernst will go to Washington to “cut pork”.
“As a mother, I want to make sure that we pass along to my daughter and her generation the same great nation we inherited. To do that, we will have to get Washington to stop borrowing .40 cents out of every dollar our government spends, and repeal and replace Bruce Braley’s Obamacare with common-sense, market-driven solutions,” said Ernst.
- Joni Ernst supports a balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution – because Washington has to stop spending more than it takes in.
- Cutting spending alone is not enough – we can’t solely cut our way out of debt. We need to also grow our way out of this hole through pro-growth economic policies that will create jobs and grow our economy:
- First, repeal Bruce Braley’s Obamacare and replace it with common-sense, market-driven solutions;
- Second, we must lower taxes on hard working families and small businesses now while working to ultimately scrap our current tax code and replace it with a pro-growth tax system that is fairer, flatter and simpler; and
- Third, we must stop federal government overreach and the crush of burdensome rules and regulations.
The full script of the ad:
Joni: I’m Joni Ernst. I grew up castrating hogs on an Iowa farm. So when I get to Washington, I’ll know how to cut pork.
VO: Joni Ernst. Mother, soldier, conservative.
Joni: My parents taught us to live within our means. It’s time to force Washington to do the same; to cut wasteful spending, repeal Obamacare, and balance the budget. I’m Joni Ernst and I approve this message because Washington’s full of big spenders. Let’s make ‘em squeal.